Are you looking for a delicious and flavorful recipe to elevate your next meal? Look no further than this Korean Marinated Skirt Steak recipe! With its tender, juicy, and flavorful qualities, this dish is sure to impress your family and friends. Made with premium small-batch Corriente beef, this recipe highlights the natural richness of this local beef, which is pasture-raised and grain-finished to perfection.
- 1.5 pounds of Corriente skirt steak
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, for heat)
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, minced garlic, grated ginger, rice vinegar, chopped green onions, and red pepper flakes (if desired).
- Place the Corriente skirt steak in a resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the steak. Seal the bag and massage the marinade into the steak, ensuring it is evenly coated. Let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight for maximum flavor.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade, allowing any excess marinade to drip off.
- Grill the skirt steak for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until it reaches your desired level of doneness. For a medium-rare steak, aim for an internal temperature of 135°F (57°C).
- Once cooked to your liking, remove the skirt steak from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes to allow the juices to redistribute.
- Slice the skirt steak against the grain into thin strips. Serve it hot with a side of steamed rice and your favorite vegetables. Enjoy!
This Korean Marinated Skirt Steak recipe showcases the incredible flavor and tenderness of Corriente beef. The marinade infuses the steak with a perfect balance of salty, sweet, and savory flavors, while the grilling process adds a delicious char and smokiness.
The Secret Behind Corriente Beef
Corriente beef is known for its exceptional quality and taste. It is a premium small-batch beef variety that offers a truly unique eating experience. Raised on local farms, Corriente cattle are pasture-raised and grain-finished, allowing them to develop a rich and robust flavor profile.
What sets Corriente beef apart is its marbling and fat distribution. This well-marbled and flavorful meat ensures a tender and juicy steak every time. When cooked, the fat renders and enhances the steak's natural flavors, resulting in a melt-in-your-mouth experience.
Why Skirt Steak?
Skirt steak is a popular choice among steak enthusiasts due to its incredible taste and texture. It is known for its bold, beefy flavor and tender yet slightly chewy texture. When marinated and grilled to perfection, skirt steak becomes a show-stopping centerpiece for any meal.
Skirt steak is versatile and can be used in various dishes. Whether you want to make delicious fajitas, stir-fries, or even Korean BBQ, skirt steak is the perfect choice. Its thin cut allows for quick cooking, making it ideal for weeknight dinners or weekend gatherings.
Enhancing the Flavors with Korean Marinade
The Korean marinade used in this recipe adds a burst of flavors that perfectly complement the natural taste of skirt steak. The combination of soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, green onions, and red pepper flakes creates a harmonious blend of sweet, savory, and tangy notes.
While the skirt steak marinates, the flavors seep into the meat, resulting in a deeply infused and well-seasoned steak. The marinade's caramelization on the grill adds a delightful char and smokiness, enhancing the overall taste and presentation of the dish.
Tips for Perfectly Grilled Skirt Steak
- Make sure to preheat your grill to medium-high heat to achieve a beautiful sear on the skirt steak.
- Allow the excess marinade to drip off the steak before placing it on the grill to prevent flare-ups.
- Grill the skirt steak for 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare, adjusting the cooking time according to your desired level of doneness.
- Let the skirt steak rest for a few minutes after grilling to allow the juices to redistribute, resulting in a more tender and flavorful steak.
- Slicing the skirt steak against the grain ensures a more tender bite.
Indulge in the tantalizing flavors of this Korean Marinated Skirt Steak recipe made with premium small-batch Corriente beef. With its tender and juicy texture, combined with the bold and savory marinade, this dish is a true culinary delight.
Impress your loved ones and elevate your next meal with this delectable recipe. Whether you're hosting a backyard barbecue or simply craving a steak with an Asian twist, this Korean Marinated Skirt Steak is a perfect choice. So fire up your grill, grab your skirt steak, and get ready to savor a mouthwatering experience like no other!